join our team today
At Silverhawk Aviation, we’ve always known that you can’t create something special and distinctive unless you relentlessly seek out, hire, and retain amazing talent. We absolutely love customer-service oriented applicants who believe people matter, who will do the right thing for the customer (whatever it takes), and who want to develop their technical expertise. If this sounds like you, check out our available career opportunities below!
THE FBO IN NEBRASKA EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT
What will you be doing, exactly?
You’ll be removing existing avionics and installing new equipment in Part 135 and 91 General Aviation aircraft. You’ll want to have extensive experience installing all types of major manufacturers avionics efficiently—but especially Garmin products. You’ll also need to be able to perform all stages of removing, documenting, installing, recommending, and post-installation testing, trouble-shooting, and debriefing. Our sweet-spot is King Airs and Citation V series—and that’s where you’ll be (so if you’ve got experience on those air frames—we definitely want to talk with you!).
Silverhawk Aviation began in 1991 as a charter operation in Seward Nebraska, with one airplane and one pilot. Today Silverhawk Aviation is a growing full-service aviation company employing 90 team members who provide aircraft charter services, maintenance services, avionics services, and a full-service fixed base operation. To support this growth, we are expanding our physical footprint with the addition of a 28,375 square foot hangar. The new space will house the avionics department as well as 10 light to mid-sized jets earmarked to service 50-100 businesses in Lincoln and the Midwest through a fractional ownership program.
How will you fit in here?
Competency is definitely important when it comes to avionics—we really find value in being spooled up on the latest and greatest Garmin products and services. That being said, we first look at the heart and character of candidates—do they come to work on time every day? Do they care about the people they work with? When sociologists state that for every negative comment made towards a person it takes 10 positive comments to offset it; we want to know if you’re a person ready for a department that’s growing with all sorts of potential—that you look for the silver lining, see things sunny-side-up, and give as many compliments as you get.
For what will you be responsible?
- You’ll need to provide insights on how to create better efficiency in the installation process for any avionics.
- Your work will need to meet applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- You’ll need to be your own best critic to ensure a defective-free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Full Medical and Dental
- Relocation Allowance
- Company paid classes and enrichment training
- Annual Profit Sharing
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time with overtime available
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
- High School Diploma, GED; Bachelors
- Minimum three (3) years avionics installation experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications
- Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary
- Must pass airport background check
- Must have 2+ years of avionics installation experience on aircraft that range from high-performance single engine to mid-sized jets
- Must be able to individually, without assistance, remove existing avionics and install new major manufacturers equipment (Garmin, Honeywell, Rockwell Collins) in a variety of airframes
- Must be able to conduct and interpret functional tests of avionics/electrical systems in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, manufacturers installation manuals and engineering drawings
- Must have experience in troubleshooting avionics systems
- Experience installing cabin entertainment systems and WiFi systems is a plus