blackhawk engine conversions
Silverhawk Aviation has installed more than 30 Blackhawk upgraded engines in King Airs throughout the country. Installation and rigging is critical to optimizing the performance from your new engines. We have the knowledge and experience to deliver your King Air on-time and squawk-free. If you have any questions or would like an evaluation for your specific situation, please give us a call. We look forward to discussing and helping you plan your project, whether it is a 90, 200, or 300 series King Air, we have exciting upgrades for all models at our disposal.
On the economics side, there are some key questions which help decide when it is time to upgrade:
What is the total time on the engines?
What will an overhaul cost?
What are your plans for the aircraft?
What other considerations are important?
What are the performance benefits?
- Better climb rate.
- Better single-engine performance during an emergency.
- Better fuel efficiency because you reach cruise altitude much quicker.
- Safer during take-off and climb-out in icing conditions.
- Increased Airspeed. You reach your destination more quickly while burning less fuel.
- Lower Maintenance and Operating Costs are guaranteed because the next big shop visit is not until 3600 hours. The new engines are under warranty by Pratt & Whitney Canada.
to upgrade or not upgrade
The decision to upgrade ultimately comes down to performance and economics. New King Air 250s come with -52 engines and C90s come with -135As. Beechcraft chose these newer engines because they are better than what was available previously. The neat thing is that you can make your King Air perform like a new one simply by changing the engines! Now the 350 can have the -67A, same engine that is on a Beech 1900D Commuter, WOW, now that’s some serious horse power! To learn more from the experts in Blackhawk engine upgrades, complete the form below or call 402.475.8600. We have the right solution, at the right price, right now!